Thursday 24 November 2011

An Email To B&Q

Dear B&Q
Thank you for the leaflet you thoughtfully put through my door today providing me with valuable Christmas gift ideas.  I have, however,  just a few questions about the featured products.

First of all, my mother would rather like the drill featured in the flyer.  Unfortunately for her, however, the flyer clearly states that the drill is a gift for Dads.  I am not sure in that case what to do.  Do you offer any similar products designed for Mums?  I would appreciate any help you could give me on this matter as otherwise I may be forced to shop somewhere you can buy unisex tools suitable for use by both Dads and Mums, and presumably also by people who are not parents.
I am also having a crisis of confidence that I will then be spending far too much money on Mum as the gifts in your flyer all recommend spending between £1 and £7, whereas Dad’s gifts are considerably more expensive than this.  If I were to spend £50 on a drill for Mum, would this therefore mean that I would need to purchase a gift for Dad costing at least £400?  Please clarify.
I am disappointed that there are no gifts for my husband in this flyer as he is neither Dad nor Mum, nor is he a baby goat (although I am sure that there are many baby goats out there who will simply love the Hello Kitty and Buzz Lightyear sets).  However I am sure I will be able to find him something suitable from elsewhere, so I am not too concerned about this matter.
Finally may I ask whether it is your intention that your slogan “B&Q: Let’s Do It Together” be translated in practice as “Let Dad Do The Work While Mum Makes The House Pretty”, or whether this was an unintended consequence of your ill-considered Christmas leaflet.
Many thanks and I look forward to your response.
Yours sincerely
Elaine

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha ha ha!! Brilliant! I know it is not suppose to be funny but the sarcasm is top form! xx

    ReplyDelete